Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Book Review: Frostblood by Elly Blake

Frostblood by Elly Blake
★★★★☆ (3.5 actual)

(I received an arc of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review)

FROSTBLOOD is a fantasy set in a world of cold and ice. Frostbloods rule over the brutally cold land, and Firebloods are hunted down and persecuted. Our main character, Ruby, is one of these firebloods. 

Reading FROSTBLOOD was like watching a favorite movie. Incredibly enjoyable, action packed, with just the right amount of romance. Unfortunately, it was also like a favorite movie in the way that I knew exactly what was going to happen. While FROSTBLOOD was not anything new, groundbreaking, or different than various YA fantasy novels of the past, it still was incredibly well-written and entertaining.  Despite guessing where the book was headed, I found myself eagerly flipping the pages. In fact, while at YALLFEST, I lost my physical arc and had to request it from NetGalley just so I could finish. 

Despite my mediocre rating and not super glowing review, I can see this book flying off the shelves to be devoured by fantasy lovers. It was reminiscent of Tamora Pierce, Naomi Novik, and Susan Cooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment